Monday, December 28, 2015

Day 37: Optimistic!!!!

40 Days Transformation and Change of Heart
Day 37: Optimistic!!!
"I feel Peaceful & Optimistic about the Future!"

I admit it- I'm a talk radio junkie. Lately though I haven't had the time. And I've been trying a internet, radio, and Netflix diet- only small portions. I have to do this because it can feel like our world is spiraling out of control. What's good is called evil and what's evil is called good- topsy turvy. And it's hard for me to keep my hopes up and not give into fear. So, my antidote is reading and listening to things that are virtuous, lovely and of good report, mediate, pray & ponder as well as just simply think "Happy Thoughts" 
"Turn those frowns upside down" something so simple you learned it in primary.
We have to practice the talent of garbage sifting- called discernment. And also practice the art of positive thinking. One of the most optimistic people I know was President Gordon B. Hinckley. Who said, "Our future is as bright as our faith." Another fine example of taking really hard life situations and turning them around with such optimism is Helen Keller who said,
"Each day comes to me with both hands full of possibilities." 
Think about it- each day is a New Beginning!  And you are it's Creator!
What's it going to be today?

"The Sun does not shine for a few tress and flowers, 
but for the wide world's joy, including yours."  
-Henry Ward Beecher

'Wherefore, ye must press forward with a steadfastnessin Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a loveof God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the word of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.' 2 Nephi 31:20

What can you look at in your life today in a new light?

Dedicated to another Optimistic soul- Lauren Webb- Whose Smile is missed!
When life is always missing something (or someone)

No comments:

Post a Comment