Thursday, December 10, 2015

Day 19: Puzzle Skills

40 Days Transformation and Change of Heart
Day 19: Puzzle Skills

This time of year many of us pull out a puzzle and set it up in the front room for family to gather and sit and talk while putting together the puzzle. The seasoned and experienced puzzler will sort the pieces according to trim, shapes and colors. And as the creation begins the lid of the puzzle- "The Big Picture" is placed where all can see it and refer back to it as the puzzle piece hunt begins. 
There's always a block in the flow of the puzzle especially if one of the pieces is missing or hiding from our view. 
Sometimes, I've spent as much or more time on the hunt for the missing piece then I do putting together the puzzle. 
So, if our life is like a puzzle we work on creating day by day. 
Do you have a clear picture of what the end creation is to look like to refer to?
Do you have the pieces sorted and in some sort of order?
Do you have any missing pieces? 
When I asked myself those questions and wrote down a list of how I can improve my life puzzle skills; it went something like this:
Yes I have a clear picture of the end "Puzzle" I call it Fulfilling the Measure of My Creation. sometimes I forget to marvel at the beauty of that big picture. 
No, my pieces are a mess! I need some order. I need to clear away the pieces that didn't belong in my puzzle box in the first place. The ones that don't have a place in my life puzzle. And sort the important pieces in some sort of order.
And my missing piece- my first response was Laughter. 
What was yours?



"Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye steadfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord."  -1 Corinthians 15:58

"For behold, this is my work and my glory—to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man."    -Moses 1:39

This is for my missing laughter puzzle piece- and for those just starting out on their life puzzles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment