Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Day 25: Enjoy the Moments

40 Days Transformation and Change of Heart
Day 25: Enjoy the Moments

"He who binds to himself a Joy does the winged life destroy.
But he who kisses the Joy as it flies lives in Eternity's sunrise."
-William Blake

Today I built a gingerbread house, made snow angels in the untouched snow, and went on a polar bear hunt with my grandchildren. My head was screaming at me "You have so much that needs to be done!" but what does a mom do when her daughter needs her help? I'm exhausted and wonder how I use to do that day in and day out and didn't die young. 
Over the years I've asked several times for time to stand still so I could hold it just a little longer to enjoy a kiss, my babies sweet smell, a dance by full moonlight, braiding hair, laughing till you cry, walks with heartfelt talks and a hug goodnight. But I have to admit enjoying the moment doesn't come easy for me. I wish as a young mother I would've slowed down and played more with my children. 
I'll try to kiss the Joy as it flies by. We don't have yesterday and we don't have tomorrow we are only guaranteed the "now" so we better enjoy the moments. 
My transformation today was I was able to leave the dishes to play in the snow.

"Therefore continue your journey and let you hearts rejoice; 
for behold, I am with you even unto the end." -D&C 100:12

No comments:

Post a Comment