Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Day 18: Centered

40 Days Transformation and Change of Heart
Day 18: Centered

Today I noticed my little granddaughter Peyton had rearranged all the nativity sets in my home so all the figurines where circling the baby Jesus. It made me stop and ponder, "what has been the center of my focus today?" I know I had spent hours on line shopping which for me can be an endless maze I can easily get lost in.


As a little girl I found a drawing compass in the pencil drawer- I remember being fascinated by the ability to draw perfect circles if I fixed the pointed end firmly and stretched out the other end with the pencil on it. There's a great lesson to be learned from the simple drawing compass; we all have a spiritual compass. 
We are to keep our "fixed foot" firmly planted and centered in Truth/ Jesus Christ. The other foot the one with the pencil can be referred to as the "Searching Foot" reaches out to draw the largest circle possible taking in many truths. Truth is scattered around the world, God scattered truth like a sower throwing seeds. God is a light-giving God and dispenses truth as widely as the stars. God speaks all languages- I hear Him in the voice of a living prophet, but I can also hear Him in the voices of a sage, or an author, or a poet, or a musician or and artist. When their voices are centered in God- they too sow seeds of truth. I remember trying to use the compass by beginning with the searching foot first and my circles always went lopsided. There's order to being centered & rooted. My "fixed foot" is planted and focused in the gospel of Jesus Christ where I can draw a large circle from there taking in many truths our Heavenly Father has scattered through out the earth.

 "Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice."  John 18:37

"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." -Buddha

So, stop today the hustle and bustle and center your fixed foot in baby Jesus. Then you can reach out from there for all the beautiful truths scattered around. 
Remember,
"Maybe Christmas, the Grinch thought, doesn't come from a store." 
- Dr. Seuss (another voice of truth)


No comments:

Post a Comment