Saturday, November 21, 2015

My 40 Days of Transformation and Change of Heart

40 days to "My New Heart"
Starting on November 22nd it is 40 days to the New Year. 
I'm embarking on a personal transformation to a New Heart.
I've invited my yoga students to join me on this journey. 
Why a personal transformation and new heart? 
Many of us are searching for a better self- We try diets, self-improvement programs to make ourselves feel better, sometimes we numb ourselves with food, drugs, social media or even shopping. Perhaps we throw ourselves into our work and seek wealth or "busy-ness" to fill the void, but underneath, an emotional emptiness remains. 
We won't find true lasting health, happiness, peace, relationships or change in temporary fixes. The eternal laws of transformation whispers the truth: what we need isn't another quick fix, but rather a rebirth and change of heart.
In the words of an old hymn:
"Have Thine own way, Lord!
Have Thine own way!
Thou art the Potter;
I am the clay.
Mound me and make me
After Thy will, While I am waiting,
Yielded and Still."

So, how do we in this holiday season and rush become "Yielded and Still"? How do we do God's Will?
What can you do for the next 40 days to be transformed and have a change of heart for the new year?
When we are "Yielded and Still" our minds can be directed to something more we may need to change- something that is limiting our capacity to receive this transformation, spiritual guidance or even physical healing. Seek in prayer to know what do? Some ideas may be: add prayer and scripture study to your daily routine, engage in yoga and mediation daily, write in a gratitude journal, daily acts of service, whatever it is for your 40 day Journey to a change of heart and transformation?
According to Gandhi, "Health must be sought primarily in the realm of the Spirit."  And we know the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step. The first step of this 40 journey begins with the end goal in mind- what change of heart do you seek?
I will be sharing with you a daily scripture and mediations along with some yoga knowledge.
Namaste

The Twelve Laws of Transformation
1. Seek the Truth
2. Be willing to come apart
3. Step outside of your comfort zone
4. Commit to growth
5. See through God's eyes
6. Take what you know from the head to the heart 
7. Surrender to what is 
8. Remove the clutter
9. Have patience and long suffering
10. Courage in Vulnerability  
11. Be Still and Know
12. Charity never fails 








Sent from my iPad


Sent from my iPad


Sent from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment