Monday, November 23, 2015

Day 2: Be Willing to Come Apart

40 Day TRANSFORMATION AND CHANGE OF HEART CHALLENGE
Day 2: Be Willing to Come Apart

There is this saying by my family photo
"Remember as far as anyone knows; 
We're a NICE NORMAL FAMILY!"

As much as I love everyone in that family photo- I know all too well that we are each broken in someway or another. And that snapshot with beautiful smiles is just a captured moment- not the whole story. We all know all too well there is no 'perfect' family or 'Perfect' person- only Jesus Christ.
 There is a lot of value in giving up the Performance of Perfectionism and the worrying about what other people think and being willing to completely come apart. We can give up the illusion that everything is okay and that we can control anything, and begin our true spiritual work. 
Paradoxically, in order to have a change of heart and a transformation we first must allow our hearts to break before the Lord. 
I have discovered that fighting to have things "MY WAY" or appear it be "Perfect" is not a struggle I desire anymore. I desire to learn to surrender. I've realized that 'my way' is oh so lacking, limited and inferior to 'God's Way'
His way is the path that leads to Happiness & Wholeness in this Life and Eternal Life in the world to come. Like the Japanese 'Kintsukuroi" pottery- I too can be repaired with the refiners gold or silver and be whole again and even more beautiful for having been broken. 

"Ye shall offer for a Sacrifice unto me a Broken Heart and a Contrite Spirit." -3 Nephi 9:20

"He health the broken in heart, and bindeth up their wounds." -Psalms 147:3

And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if they humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them.
 -Ether 12:27

Today I'm asking myself, "Am I humble enough to allow myself to come apart - to be broken? What Weakness can I give unto Christ to be made whole?" 

Yoga Today
Downward Facing Dog engages your whole being; it calms your nervous system, engages an overall flexible strength, decompresses your spine, tones and strengthens your arms,  opens the arches of your feet, sculpts and lengthens your thighs, and is an amazing shoulder opener. 
It is both dynamic and restful at the same time. 
If you don't have time for a Yoga Class today- take a few minutes in Downward Facing Dog. 
This pose is about checking in with your body. Where are you as you begin your practice? Where is your mind? Drop your day and come into the NOW. Remember it doesn't have to be Perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment