40 DAYS OF TRANSFORMATION AND CHANGE OF HEART
Day 6: Step Out of Your Comfort Zone
The question for us on this journey is not
"Will I survive if I step out of my comfort zone?"
The real question is "Will I survive my Comfort Zone?"
I tell my yoga classes the Comfort Zone is Death.
Growth is outside the Comfort Zone-
Life is never static- we either grow or die.
Buddha taught his students to walk towards their fears with an open heart rather than away form them, to face them head-on so that we can dissolve their hold over us.
Jesus Christ ask his disciples how long were they going to be fisherman? Day in and day out just catching fish? To them He said, "Come follow me, I will teach you how to be fishers of men" capturing hearts, the beauty of humanity and Eternal Truths rather than just catching fish.
Sun Salutation A
a continuous string of poses repeated linked with breath to warm up your Yoga Practice.
Begins with Samasthiti which means "standing at attention"
- Mountain Pose- reach your fingertips to the sky and root your feet down into the earth, creating length in your entire body.
- Standing Forward Bend- folding at hip crease, swan dive down bend knees lightly focus on drawing the crown of your head toward the mat.
- Halfway Lift- inhale as you lift your torso halfway up to a flat back.
- High Push Up- hands on floor step feet back and just like it sounds hands under shoulder ready to begin a push up- also called plank.
- Low push-up or Chaturanga- begin a tricep push up with elbows 90-degree angle touch down knees tip chin scoop up chest.
- Cobra- hands under shoulders waist and legs resting on ground open heart.
- Downward Facing Dog- push back to an inverted V adjust your hands and feet for proper alignment.
- Step forward to the top of your mat and repeat the Sun Salutaion again.
- REMEMBER STEP OUT OF THE COMFORT ZONE!