Thursday, January 19, 2017

"Daughters of Light"

"Daughters of Light"
Prints available at altusfineart.com

“I wanted to bring light and laughter today 
but I’m afraid I’ve lost it 
while running here in the storm.” 
-Judy Cooley


The story behind the painting
I have daughters who have battled eating disorders and anxiety. In this fight there have been times the adversary has clouded their memory of who  they are and whose they are. I painted this as a reminder that they are, I am, and we are all sons and daughters of a Loving Heavenly Father. Who sent His Only Begotten Son to be our Redeemer to light our way back home to Him. We are asked to reflect His light, seek His light to guide us, it's in His Light we grow and we find Hope. There will always be Light & Shadows, and Sunshine & Storms we have to decide where to walk. 
Through this journey as a mother the one thing I know for sure; 
His Light is Always on for us. I’ve seen it!
And I am grateful for the journey!

This painting is used by “Daughters of Light” a program of Life Changing Services to raise funds and awareness for Young Women with addictions.

P.S. My daughters are both doing so well- they reflect His brilliant light in their lives in so many ways!

1 comment: